Co., Inc. is a locally owned, third generation company. At the present
time, Yorkston Oil Co., Inc. owns and operates Yorky's markets in
Whatcom County, Washington, Commercial Fuel Network (CFN) sites
in Whatcom and Skagit counties, distributes to unbranded dealers,
and serves numerous independent and commercial accounts with Heating
fuels, industrial / motor oils, marine fuels, and on and off road
was foundedin 1939 by Adrian W. Yorkston, as Hardwood Fuel Company
selling mill ends from lumber mills to homeowners to heat their
homes. As time evolved, furnace oil became the popular fuel to heat
homes. That is when Hardwood Fuel Co. became a Signal Oil distributor
and changed its name to Yorkston Oil Co. Adrians sons
Barney Sr. and Tom became involved in the company and soon took
ownership when Adrian retired.
Signal was bought
out by Enco, and eventually changed their name to Exxon. Tom retired
in 1997 and Barney in 1999, leaving ownership to Barney's three
sons. In 2001 Exxon and Mobil merged to become Exxon/Mobil Corp.
In January of
2009 Exxon/Mobil left the great northwest giving us the opportunity
to become an unbranded distributor for the first time in the history
of this company.
Oil Co., is still an independently owned and operated company in
Oil Company, Inc.
2418 Alabama St, Suite 100, Bellingham, WA 98225
Phone: (360) 734-2201 - Fax: (360) 676-4529
© 2013, Yorkston Oil Co., Inc.
All Rights Reserved
Website Designed and Maintained by RocketRom,